Panel Replacement

Panel Replacement2018-03-26T20:48:14+00:00

FPE and Zinsco Brand Electrical Panel Replacement

The picture above is what a burned up electrical panel looks like. Don’t let this happen in your home!
FPE (Federal Pacific Electric) and Zinsco brand circuit breaker panels should be replaced, plain and simple. Both of these brands are no longer made by the original manufacturer because those companies have long since gone out of business. Contact us today for your electrical panel replacement!

In the case of FPE, they lost their UL listing when it was discovered their breakers would not necessarily trip when they needed to. A circuit breaker is always sized to the load that it serves and the wire size it is supposed to protect.

For example, a 14 gauge copper wire used in homes today, is rated to handle 15 amps maximum. For this reason, it is always supposed to be connected to a 15 amp breaker and that 15 amp breaker should shut off if a load of more than 15 amps is imposed upon it. FPE breakers are not reliable in always shutting off in this condition. Some will work, some won’t.

Electri-Serve has probably changed more breaker panels in the Denver area than any other company since we opened our doors in 1969!

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to know for sure if yours will work correctly or not. The problem that can occur if electricity does not shut off under overload conditions can be as serious as a fire.

Although there are repairs and expensive “after-market” breakers for both of these brands of panel, there are other design problems with them so the best remedy is to replace them entirely.

Contact Electri-Serve today to arrange a free estimate to replace these unsafe and outdated electrical panels in your home.