Once again, Electri-Serve is proud to support the local community by holding a toy drive for the Denver Santa Claus Shop and offering discounts to customers who participate in Colorado Gives Day.
This year’s Colorado Gives Day is Tuesday, December 9, and it’s 24-hours for Coloradans to give where they live by donating to local nonprofit organizations. To learn more, go to www.coloradogives.org and search for and read about your favorite organizations. While you’re there, schedule your Colorado Gives Day donations. When you call to schedule your electrical service, be sure to let us know you donated $25 or more on Colorado Gives Day (through the CGD website)and we’ll give you a $10* per hour discount from our hourly rate. (When you call, we’ll tell you how to send us a copy of your donation receipt from the Community First Foundation. *Note: Discount does not apply to trip charge, material, or quoted work. Cannot be combined with other discounts.)
For more than 80 years, the volunteers of the Denver Santa Claus Shop have worked tirelessly to provide free toys to children in need. During the last five years alone more than 16,000 children have received toys through the Denver Santa Claus Shop. If you’d like to support our toy drive for the Denver Santa Claus Shop, let us know when you call to schedule electrical service, and our electrician will pick up the toys while on the job. The last day to donate is Friday, December 5. If you have toys to donate now, give us a call and we’ll pick them up and make sure they get to the Denver Santa Claus Shop. To help make the volunteers’ work easier, be sure to review the wish list before gathering your donations.
The Denver Santa Claus Shop seeks new and gently used toys for local needy children from newborn to 11 years old. We ask for classic types of toys whose timeless appeal still delights children. These are the tried and true toys that our clients prefer every year…
- Dolls – Barbie, Dora, Bratz; African American, Native American and Hispanic dolls; extra outfits (no porcelain or soft dolls, please)
- Books – paperback and hardcover
- Coloring books, crayons, workbooks
- Toy trucks and cars – all sizes, metal or plastic
- Board games and puzzles
- Craft kits – bead sets, weaving looms, art sets, jewelry-making, etc.
- Infant and Toddler toys and dolls
- Construction toys – building blocks, Legos, Tinker Toys, etc.
- Balls – regulation size soccer, footballs, basketballs, volleyballs
- Girls’ toys – tea sets, hair play, jewelry, etc.
No violent toys, DVD´s or videos, large toys such as bikes or play sets, please.
Thank you for joining with us to support our community!