Halloween is almost here and that means it’s time to fill the candy bowls with treats and decorate your yard and home with scary ghosts and goblins.
With all of the kids in your neighborhood and at your front door, there are some important electrical safety tips to keep in mind.
Our team at Electri-Serve is dedicated to keeping you and your family safe during this spooky season!
Halloween Safety Tips To Follow:
- Choose decorations, costumes, and accessories, that are made with flame-resistant, flame-retardant, or non-combustible materials.
- Before you start decorating, inspect each electrical item and discard any that are damaged.
- For added safety, use battery-operated candles to light your jack-o-lanterns and spooky decorations.
- Outdoor electrical decorations should be plugged into a GFCI receptacle.
- Use only UL-Approved lights.
- Make sure electric cords can’t be tripped over, pulled on or chewed by children or pets.
- Always use safety-approved electrical decorations bought from a reputable retailer, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Don’t overload your electrical circuits with decorations, this can lead to a fire.
- Light pathways well enough for everyone to walk safely.
- Remember to switch off your electrical decorations before you leave the house or go to bed.
- Make sure that your smoke alarms are active and working.